Stop Online Piracy Act
|Breaking News: The FBI is mad and has destroyed Megaupload as revenge on internet nerds for supporting the SOPA Blackouts.|
The Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA) is a temporarily shelved Bill currently moving through congress. It's Online Censorship for the Wondrous Benefit of Glorious Nation of America. SOPA is the benign tumor that wants to become cancer so it can kill the Internet. SOPA is currently hot fresh drama and is also the number one threat to your freedom as of now, in fact, they are the closest thing to having a real life New Order Nation (the fascist anti-entertainment group from Revolution X. You know, the game where you shot some goons in yellow shirts and gas masks in an effort to save Aerosmith?). Introduced into congress by a Texan fuck, the bill was quickly pushed through Congress at a rate rivaling the Patriot Act, helped along by biased hearings, congressional pockets being filled with gold and a good old fashioned media blackout rivaling the one at OWS. The gist of SOPA is if someone does not like your fair use, they can have you shut down; and online streaming, and any means possible to circumvent the bill is considered a felony. This means the end of your disk encryption, end of VPNs, end of 7 proxies. It will also mean the end of ED (IN AMERICA) because the bill also allows websites not located in the US to be blocked at the border if they are deemed offensive or guilty of Copyright Infringement.
So, what does this Bill mean for you?
- All websites deemed to be "infringing" (on Glorious American Values) will be subject to having their DNS resolution blocked in the US, effectively shutting them down worldwide (only if their DNS is located in America).
- Allowing a website to be shutdown for 5 days pending review of the charges.
- Removing almost any notion of "fair use".
- Killing any website that relies on user submitted content (DA, TOW, YT, etc.)
- Video Streaming becomes a felony punishable by up to 5 years in Prison.
- Entertainment reviews that aren't pandering to the major studios will be censored as corporations are 100% guaranteed to abuse the law to take down unflattering websites.
- Any method that can be used to circumvent the law becomes illegal, this includes VPNs, Disk Encryption, proxies, SSH and other tools to avoid oppressive Governments and keep data private.
- International DNS servers will be blocked.
- As most websites are located in the US, and thus this will have global ramifications on the health of the Internet. It will also increase the already heavy censorship in oppressed countries.
- The bill will force ISPs to develop deep packet inspection, which will further reduce privacy and lead to additional dangers for data security. This would also increase operating costs of the ISP and increase the cost of internet for users, so get ready to pay more or decrease your speed/monthly usage.
A Hellish Beginning
The Bill was put up for proposal by a bribed Texan fuck, who like all Texans are absolutely notorious for taking bribes from companies. Lamar Smith, who got bored of parenting his children, and decided to take up some good old fashioned Texas hobbies, such as swapping money for morals and getting himself a big fat campaign donation from the RIAA and MPAA. "After all," he must have though, "this boat that is the United States is sinking anyway! Might as well shoot a few holes in the bottom and profit handsomely!" Smith clearly looks up to his brother/cousin, George Bush, who is responsible for the Patriot Act. With this the beginning of the end was nigh for the Internet. With the deep pockets full of money and Texan Justice, the RIAA and MPAA along with their fuckbuddies over at the BSA, paid off enough congressmen to put the bill on the fast track to an easy pass. The phone number for Lamar Smith's DC office is 202-225-4236, in case you ever want to call him up and tell him what a motherfucking douchebag he is.
Here's his Twitter account while you're at it:
Trolling this fella is strongly advised.
Update: Lamar Smith, being the fucktard he is has sponsored another bill attempting to establish totalitarian rule (evident from the single star on the Texas flag). This time is is to crack down on child porn, already having enough of it on his external hard drive to last multiple lifetimes, his plan being to monitor everyone on the internet 24/7.
SPOILER ALERT: The next step is his plan to make the internet a better place will be to send the jews to labor camps, transfer all ownership to the collective, and implant computer chips in your brains to placate the populace.
The Internet Takes Notice
For almost 2 weeks, the Internet did not take notice of the demon lurking over the horizon. Then on November 16 of 2011, it collectivity shit its self as thousands of websites joined together to to voluntarily censor themselves to protest the bill. Termed "The First American Censorship Day" over 6,000 websites, including 4chan, Tumblr, Mozilla, Reddit and ED, along with thousands of other sites that normally could not give a fuck, voluntarily censored their logo with a link to a site where you could send an automated email to your representatives. The collective reaction was major fuck huge and old media began to take notice.
Holy shit, TOW is actually thinking of blanking itself in protest of this bill. The project page even looks like an ED abortion, complete with a fake DEFCON meter because this is super srs. Irony meters around the world are exploding as collective bricks are shat over this massive rock of pure troll cocaine.
On the edge of the toilet bowl
Breaking news of this hour: on January 16th 2012 President Obama, who believes in the First Amendment and freedom of expression, and not stifling creativity on the internet, officially declared that he will not support the SOPA. This statement made the bill shelved by Senate, making it almost dead. Although this message doesn't change too much, because PIPA is still alive, we won't have to worry for a little while longer. Now, get back to your porn and 4chan stuff, but always remember: stay on guard. You can never trust them niggers.
THIS JUST IN: told you.
People or Groups that Oppose SOPA
- The EFF
- The ACLU
- Ron Paul
- Gay Nigger Association of America
- Encyclopædia Dramatica
- AOL - lol they still exist?
- Godaddy - After getting boycott for supporting it.
- The New York Times
- The inventors of the Internet
- BSA - Now its the Tech Industry vs the Entertainment Industry, on a bill that regards the tech industry.
- Joe Biden - Though he will likely switch his view point once he gets jewgold.
- Nancy Pelosi
- Conservapedia – 
- The entire fucking European Union
- The Free Software Foundation
- Every pissed off Libertarian who hates the Feds
- Lamar S. Smith --
Yes the fuck who introduced the bill now thinks it needs to be revisedHe calls the Wikipedia protest a "publicity stunt" and waves his unwashed cock at his constituency.
- The 99%
- Barack Hussein Obama
- rule 34
- Your Mom
- Anyone with even an ounce of intelligence
- Even You
Douchebags that Support SOPA
- Osama bin Laden
- Saddam Hussein
- Adolf Hitler
- The Nazi Party
- Big Brother
- Al Franken (WHY MAN?? YOU USED TO BE COOL)
- 1-800 Contacts, Inc. - 801-924-9800
- 1-800-PetMeds - 954-979-5995
- 3M - 1-888-364-3577
- 60 Plus Association
- Alliance for Safe Online Pharmacies (ASOP)
- ABRO Industries, Inc. (automotive supplies) - (574) 232-8289
- Acushnet Company (Titleist and Footjoy golf) - (800)225-8500
- Adidas America - (800) 448-1796
- Adobe - 408-536-6000
- American Federation of Musicians (AFM)
- American Federation of Television and Radio Artists (AFTRA)
- American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP)
- Americans for Tax Reform
- Apple - 408.996.1010 Tim Cook, CEO
- Artists and Allied Crafts of the United States
- Association of American Publishers (AAP)
- Association of State Criminal Investigative Agencies
- Association of Talent Agents (ATA)
- AstraZeneca plc - 1-800-236-9933
- ATV Music Publishing
- Autodesk, Inc. - 415-507-5000
- AVEVA - Houston Office: 713-977-1225
- AVG - 978-319-4460
- Baker & Hostetler
- Beachbody, LLC - 310-883-9000 (P90X, Insanity Videos)
- Bentley Systems - 1-800-236-8539
- Bose Coporation - (508) 879-7330
- Burberry - 800 284 8480
- Business Software Alliance Members:
- Cadence Design Systems - 408-943-1234
- Callaway Golf Company - 800-588-9836
- Capitol Records
- Caterpillar Inc. - 309-675-1000
- CBS Corporation - 1-212-975-4321
- Chanel USA - 1.800.550.0005
- Christian Music Group
- ChrysalisBuilding and Construction Trades Department
- Church Music Publishers’ Association
- CNC Software Mastercam - 800-228-2877
- Coach - 1-800-444-3611
- Coalition Against Online Video Piracy (CAOVP)
- Columbia Sportswear Company - (800) 622-6953
- Comcast Corporation - 215-286-1700
- Compuware - 313-227-7300
- Concerned Women for America (CWA)
- Congressional Fire Services
- Copyright Alliance
- Corel - 613-728-0826
- Coty Inc. - 212-479-4300
- Council of Better Business Bureaus (CBBB)
- Council of State Governments
- Country Music Association
- Country Music Television
- Covington & Burling
- Cowan, DeBaets, Abrahams & Sheppard
- Cowan, Liebowitz & Latman
- CVS Caremark - 401-765-1500
- Dassault Systemes SolidWorks Corporation - France +33 1 61 62 61 62
- Dell - 512-338-4400
- Directors Guild of America (DGA)
- Disney Publishing Worldwide Inc.
- Dolby Laboratories, Inc. - 415-558-0200
- Dolce & Gabbana USA, Inc.
- Economic Development and Commerce Committee
- Electronic Arts, Inc. - (650) 628-1500 (they open at 8am PT)
- Fender Musical Instrument Company - 480.596.9690
- Ford Motor Company - 800-392-3673
- Fraternal Order of Police (FOP)
- Gibson Guitar Corp. - 1-800-444-2766
- Gospel Music Association
- Graphic Artists
- GuildHachette Book Group
- Harley-Davidson Motor Company - 1-800-258-2464
- HarperCollins Publishers Worldwide,Inc.
- Inc.Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA)
- Inc.Screen Actors Guild (SAG)
- Independent Film & Television Alliance (IFTA)
- Intel - 408-765-8080
- International Alliance of Theatrical and Stage Employees (IATSE)
- International AntiCounterfeiting Coalition (IACC)
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW)
- International Brotherhood of Teamsters (IBT)
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
- International Union of Police Associations
- Intuit - 650-944-6000
- Irell & Manella
- Iser Kump & Aldisert
- Jenner & Block
- Johnson & Johnson - (732) 524-0400
- Juicy Couture, Inc - 1-888-908-1160
- Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi
- Kelley Drye & Warren
- Kendall Brill & Klieger
- Kinsella Weitzman
- L'Oreal USA - 1-212-818-1500
- Lacoste USA - 1-800-452-2678
- Lathrop & Gage
- Lauder Companies
- Leatherman Tool Group, Inc. - (800) 847-8665
- Lexmark International, Inc. - 1-859-232-2000
- Liz Claiborne, Inc - (212) 354-4900
- Loeb & Loeb
- Lost Highway Records
- Lucky Brand Jeans - 1-866-975-5825
- Major County Sheriffs
- Major League Baseball - 212-485-3444
- Majority City Chiefs
- Marmot - (707) 544-4590
- Marvel Entertainment
- McAfee - 408-988-3832
- Microsoft - 425-882-8080
- Minitab - 814-238-3280
- Minor League Baseball (MiLB)
- Minority Media & Telecom Council (MMTC)
- Mitchell Silberberg & Knupp Morrison & Foerster
- Monster Cable Products, Inc. - 415 840-2000
- Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA)
- Moving Picture Technicians
- Music Trade Association
- National Association of Manufacturers (NAM)
- National Association of Prosecutor Coordinators
- National Association of State Chief Information Officers
- National Basketball Association (NBA)
- National Cable & Telecommunications Association (NCTA)
- National Center for Victims of Crime
- National Crime Justice Association
- National District Attorneys Association
- National Domestic Preparedness Coalition
- National Football League (NFL)
- National Governors Association
- National League of Cities
- National Narcotics Offers’ Associations’ Coalition
- National Sheriffs Association (NSA)
- National Songwriters Association
- National Troopers Coalition
- NBC Universal - 212-664-4444
- Nervous Tattoo Inc., dba Ed Hardy - 323-785-4460
- New Balance Athletic Shoe, Inc. - (636) 326-1024
- New Era Cap Co Inc - 1-877-632-5950
- News Corporation
- NHL Enterprises, L.P. - 212-789-2000
- Nike, Inc. - 1-503-671-6453
- Oakley, Inc. - (800) 431-1439
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler
- Pearson Education
- Peavey Electronics Corporation - 601-483-5365
- Penguin Group
- Perry Ellis International - 1-800-994-0073
- Petzl America - 801-926-1310
- Pfizer Inc. - 1-212-733-2323
- PGA of America - (561) 624-8400
- Philip Morris International - 804-274-2000 or 800-343-0975
- Phillips Nizer
- PING - 1.800.474.6434
- Progress Software - 781-280-4000
- Property Partners Republic
- Proskauer Rose
- PTC - 781-370-5000
- Quark - 303-894-8888
- Quest - 800-306-9329
- Ralph Lauren Corporation - 888-475-7674
- Random House
- Record Industry Association of America (RIAA)
- Red Wing Shoe Company - 1-800-733-9464
- Reebok International Ltd. - 781-401-5000
- Revlon - 1-800-473-8566
- Rite Aid - Home Office: (717) 761-2633
- Rolex Watch USA Inc. - 665 5th Ave, New York, NY10022 - Tel: (212) 758-7700 - Fax: (212) 223-7443
- Rosetta Stone Inc. - 1.800.280.8172?
- Shearman & Sterling
- Showdog Universal Music
- Shure Incorporated - (847) 600-2000
- Siemens PLM Software, Inc. - 800-498-5351
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett
- Skadden Arps
- Slate, Meagher & Flom
- Sony Electronics Inc. (try 1-800-222-7669)
- Sony Music Entertainment - (212) 833-8000
- Sony Music International Development Organization (SIDO)
- Sony Pictures Entertainment - 310-244-4000
- Spyder Active Sports, Inc - 303-544-4000
- Sybase - 1-800-792-2735
- Symantec - 650-527-8000
- Taylor Guitars - 619-258-1207
- Taylor Made Golf Company, Inc. - 1.866.530.8624
- TechSmith - 517-381-2300
- The Association of Magazine Media
- The Dow Chemical Company - 800-258-2436
- The Estee Lauder Companies - 877-311-3883
- The MathWorks - 508-647-7000
- The National Association of Theatre Owners (NATO)
- The Perseus Books Groups
- The Timberland Company - 603-772-9500
- The United States Conference of Mayors
- The Walt Disney Company - 818-560-1000
- Tiffany & Co. - 1-800-843-3269
- Time Warner Inc. - 212.484.8000
- Toshiba America Business Solutions, Inc. - Corporate Offices (949) 583-3000
- True Religion Jeans
- UFC - Ultimate Fighting Championship - (702) 221-4780
- Universal Music Group
- Viacom - (212) 258-6000
- Wal-Mart - 479-273-4000
- Warner Music Group - (212) 275-2000
- World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. 203-352-8600 (see bottom of their link for corporate)
- Wright Tremaine Deluxe
- Xerox Corporation - 1-800-275-9376
- Zippo Manufacturing Company - 888.442.1932
Notice how only a small fraction of these businesses have anything whatsoever to do with creating content? I mean, how the fuck is L'Oreal (a cosmetics manufacturer) or Rolex (watchmaker for rich snobs) ever been adversely effect financially by digital downloads or content "piracy"? When was the last time you downloaded a fucking tube of mascara fercrissakes? That is a question you might want to call up and ask them.
Net worth of artists most pirated
- 1. Jay-Z: $450 million
- 2. Lil Wayne: $85 million
- 3. Adele: $12 million
- 4. David Guetta: $35 million
- 5. LMFAO: $4 million
Internet Pages That 'Blanked' on 1/18/2012
MPAA response to the SOPA blackout
TL;DR Version: Irrelevant Dinosaur is oblivious to the fact that his business model is obsolete; wants us to be more liek a China-style police state so he can have all the moniez.
Or So Senator Dodd (R-Mordor) would have you believe. Tsk Tsk. Democracy is such an impediment to his business model.
Conservapedia Shits its Drawers over SOPA
What follows is a snapshot of the ongoing lulzstorm over a fascistic powergrab like SOPA/PIPA is actually the fault of Hollywood liberalism. The only reason they haven't blamed it on Jews, Blacks and Gays yet is that too many of the SOPA supporters are Rich, White Christians...and they can't make it stick.
Now that the godless negro muslim Barack Hussein Obama has come out against the bill, they probably don't know where to stand. So, anyhow...here's the enlightened liberal-bias free(TM)(R)(C)(Pareve) version of SOPA according to Conservapedophilia:
The Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA) (also known as the E-PARASITE Act, House Bill 3261, or H.R. 3261) is a bill demanded by Hollywood liberals who are big supporters of the Democrat Party and Obama's reelection efforts. If passed, this bill would impose a number of controversial measures for dealing with online piracy including the distribution of copyrighted material via the internet. The Attorney General would be able to close down websites that infringe copyrights, and ban the site from online payment mechanisms such as PayPal and Visa. He could also prohibit the sites' online advertising, and disable Google from ranking and linking to infringing sites.
The corresponding Senate bill, deceptively named by Democrat leadership as the PROTECT IP Act, is being pushed through the Democratic Senate by Harry Reid (D-NV), whom liberals helped reelect in 2010. SOPA was introduced by a liberal Republican in the House, Judiciary Committee Chair Lamar Smith (R-TX).
Former Democratic Senator Chris Dodd -- now chairman of the Motion Picture Association of America -- is a leading advocate of the bill and criticized the website blackout that occurred on Jan. 18 as a "gimmick": "...designed to punish elected and administration officials who are working diligently to protect American jobs from foreign criminals. It is an irresponsible response and a disservice to people who rely on them for information and use their services."
Proponents of the bill claim that it exists to protect the intellectual properties, and revenue of copyright holders, and is necessary to enforce copyright laws in the US. However, opponents state that it violates the First Amendment, that it will cripple and ultimately destroy the Internet, and will threaten online free speech. Some critics have likened this bill to China's Great Firewall.
Those supporting the bill include television and music companies (and their trade group, the Recording Industry Association of America), while critics include Conservapedia, ConservativeNewsAndViews.com, Google, Facebook, Twitter, Wikipedia, Yahoo!, and Mozilla, the creators of Firefox.
The Obama Administration released a statement which read, in part, "we will not support legislation that reduces freedom of expression, increases cybersecurity risk, or undermines the dynamic, innovative global Internet. Any effort to combat online piracy must guard against the risk of online censorship of lawful activity and must not inhibit innovation by our dynamic businesses large and small." In political terms, such a statement means that the politician may sign the bad bill but then claim it does not harm anything. The administration has also released a statement implying that it will veto the legislation should it reach the president's desk.
Then, behind the scenes, the Conservatards all argued about crucial issues like "Is Lamar Smith a RINO or not" The truly surreal part of the debate on Conservapedia is how "E-Parasite Bills" like SOPA and PIPA are for the benefit of entrenched powerful in big business...almost as if they think the concentration of wealth is unjust and the bourgeoisie aristocrats are oppressing the proletariat...I wonder how long the Conservatards will follow that train of logic to its horrifying conclusion.
Firefox Users Wave Their Dicks at SOPA/PIPA
- DeSOPA, A Plugin which renders the SOPA blacklist irrelevant
- Soapy, A DIFFERENT Plugin which renders the SOPA blacklist irrelevant
Even Congressmen See the Incoming Anti-Lulz
A Cheap Canadian Knockoff Version
Our Poutin-nibbling neighbors up north wanna get in on the Copyright asshattery with their own all-too-SOPA-esque bit of concentrated stupid. It's called Bill C-11 and i'ts going to make the average YouTuber's life difficult. Here's some internet nerds getting all butthurt about it: canadian-sopa-could-target-youtube. So if your YouTube channel goes down, Blame Canada.
What's worse, you can't Move to Canada in protest!
- Section 230
- Internet Kill Switch
- The Great eBarrier Reef
- The Great Firewall of China
Links (We really are not joking about this)
- American Censorship Day
- Even the Squares at Forbes think this is a fucking stupid waste of time.
- Google and Yahoo might rage quit
- Bill might make the internet less secure
- Internet Giants Consider SOPA Strike
- Feds blocking people from viewing hearings.
- Link to contact representatives
- DeSOPA Firefox Addon.
- Chrome add-on shows SOPA supporters.
- Typical "Do-As-I-Say-Not-As-I-Do" Dogshit from your elected respresentatives
- The twitter account belonging to the inbred hick who came up with this bill, say hi for us!!!
Stop Online Piracy Act
| | | |
|Featured article November 26 & November 27, 2011|
|Stop Online Piracy Act||Succeeded by|
|Featured article January 1st, 2012|
|Stop Online Piracy Act||Succeeded by|
Lulz in hell Trollfags