Jumped the Shark
Jumping the Shark originated from the 1970s show Happy Days, when the Fonz literally jumped a shark in one episode. It was all downhill from there. Since then, the term has been used to discuss TV series. It is now applied to nearly anything that might potentially have a climax. It may also refer to a show that had previously climaxed, and is now relying on gimmicks to keep it moving. The phrase is used by douchebags who consider themselves original and cool because of their early involvement (as fans, not contributors of any kind) with a series which was once obscure but later became popular (e.g. Aqua Teen Hunger Force and The Simpsons), because any change means that the creators of the show are evil money-grubbing bastards who don't care about their audience.
Stuff that's Jumped the Shark
- Happy Days, itself. Otherwise, you wouldn't be reading this.
- Encyclopedia Dramatica
- Your mom
- The internetz (disputed)
- Old memes
- New memes
- Forced memes
- All other memes
- George Bush
- Using the word "nigger"
- You. Face it, fingering your 12-year old sister in her sleep was your Magnum Opus, and it's all downhill now.
UncyclopediaCan't jump the shark if you always suck
- The Sompsurns
- Family Guy
- South Park
- 4Chan, and anybody that disputes this is a faggot for sure, and probably did WTC.
- SOMETHING AWFUL DOT COM
- TV Tropes
- The phrase "jumped the shark" (after douchebags overused it and applied it to every show and every thing ever made)
- At least a million faggots will defend their favorite cult shows by saying it didn't jump. PROTIP: Troll for maximum lulz.
- Most things on the internet jumped the shark at least 100 years ago, including the phrase 'jumping the shark', which indiefucks have replaced with 'jumping the couch' following Tom Cruise's last blubbering Oprah appearance.
- If you think something has jumped the shark, you're wrong! They have already sucked the entire time, it just took you five & of half seasons of wasting your fat fuck away in a pile of doritos to realize it!
- NEW!! Movies no longer Jump The Shark. They
Jumped the shark is part of a series on
Visit the Television Portal for complete coverage.