|You may have been looking for /v/, 4chan's video game board. If this is the case, you should probably go to that page, dumbass.|
V for Vendetta is a movie based on a graphic novel by Margaret Thatcher fanboi Alan Moore about true future events when Anonymous reclaims democracy from the grasp of totalitarianism. Anonymous Englishman V - who styles himself after the original EFG, Guy Fawkes - blows up the home of the English government, the Houses of Parliament, partly as a symbolic act, but mainly for teh lulz (which the English celebrate every November 5th by setting fire to an effigy of a catholic, again for teh lulz). Unlike Guy Fawkes, V actually succeeds in blowing shit up, to the tune of his favorite piece of classical music, the 1812 Overture. In the course of his lulzmongering, V meets a love interest named Eevee, played by Natalie Portman, who he recruits to his cause. Unlike the comic the movie was based on, the plot is driven by blatant bawwwwing about neocons and the loss of civil liberties under W's epic troll the Patriot Act. The anarchism and emphasis on remaining anonymous makes /b/tards love this movie with every part of their body, although the movie itself is "The Boondock Saints" of politics and the comic is way better but noone fucking reads it. What's the matter? Too DEEP for you? Also, do said /b/tards even try to blow things up? Of course they do, except when they mess with football.
V's introduction speech:
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OB6EsUP4tU&fmt=18 Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition! The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.
This was /b/astardized by the *chans into a number of alternate versions:
- BAM! TO BEHOLD, A PUBLIC BULLETIN BOARD, BUILT OF BOTH BRILLIANCE AND BARBARITY BY BASTARDS WITH BONERS. THIS BASTION, NO MERE BULWARK OF BOREDOM, IS A BRUTAL BARRAGE OF BLISTERING BULLSHIT, BARELY BENEVOLENT... BUT BEHIND THE BIGOTRY AND BOOBS, BEYOND THE BITTER BROADCASTS OF BRAGGING BUFFOONS: HERE BE THE BODY POLITIC. A BROTHERHOOD OF BLASPHEMY, BLESSED WITH MORE BALLS THAN BRAINS, BATTLING THE BLAND, THE BOGUS, THE BENIGN. BEDLAM? BRING IT ON. BUT I BABBLE...BETTER TO BE BRIEF. YOU MAY CALL ME /b/.
- JOUST! To judge! juggling the jest of jazzy jewels, and juvenile jinx's that justly besets judging jesters. This jury, no mere jumble of jokes, is a jostling jar of jabbering jinks,of course, I'm just joshin... yet jokes aside the jingle and jesting, jumping past jets of July and jumbled jocks: this is the jilt of my jointing, a jotter of jibs, jolted with joinery more joyous than jealous, Jabbing the unJust, the jaunt, the jesters. Jealous? just you wait, yet joking once more jettisoned , you may call me j.
- Aha! To be Astounded, an army of assholes, an association armed with an arsenal of ambiguously adult antics. This antiquated armada, more mere attack force, is an astounding assembly of articulate aristocrats. Assuming the collective affliction has not abruptly atrophied, another day of ardent internet argument arises. Under the ambiguous aegis of anonymity all annoying assertions maybe be announced with reckless abandon. Apology? Do not forgive. Alas, I am all aflutter. After the anticipation.... You may call me Anonymous.
- Huzzah! To hark, a harem of hotties, a handsome host of harlots and hustlers. This hoochie house, no mere hovel, is a humongous hold for a hassled and harassed horde. Here a history of horror and humor, haut monde and hookers, high-schoolers and housewives, all hoodwinked into hooking up. Homos and hetros, hidden under hoods of a half-haughty habit. Hypothesis? Halcyon. But I hesitate, hurrying to harangue. You may call me /h/.
The movie also inspired a Habbo Raid which took place on November 5, 2006, a day that should never be forgotten.
V wears Epic Fail Guy's mask, to commemorate Guy Fawkes' epic failure on November Fifth.
V Speaks His Mind!
An interesting new blog started by V himself has recently been posted at Blogspot
- Alan Moore
- Epic Fail Guy
- The Wikipedia Review -- founded on Guy Fawkes Day
- Verbose Thread
- Clay Duke
- GHAEY FUCKAES
- Buy a Guy Fawkes mask so you too can be anonymous
- "But I loved V, I want moar! where can I find him!" Right here!
- Ocelotecpatl Youtube Channel
- If Guy Fawkes Had Succeeded... an interesting proposition.
V is part of a series on
Visit the Chans Portal for complete coverage.
V is part of a series on
Visit the Media Portal for complete coverage.