Like every website on the interwebs, 4chan too has a banning policy, but what makes 4chan bans so much different than other bans (like being a complete dumbass here on ED) is the fact that to get banned from 4chan you have to do something so horrifyingly stupid that you'd have to be a pathetic loser to get one. It's like this: If you break a rule on 4chan, it's a ban; if you happen to come across a pissed off admin on 4chan, then be ready for a sure-fire beating from the banhammer. The greatest holder of the banhammer on 4chan was W.T. Snacks, but was subsequently banned himself by some faggot, and during Snack's reign bannings would come for either posting illegal content or BECAUSE HE FUCKING CAN. Nowadays bans are usually just for posting CP and spamming links and other gay shit like that, but occasionally epic bans can be produced if done correctly. Posting on 7chan or 420chan that you were banned on 4chan will get you banned, also Worf will anally rape you.
How 2 get banned on 4chan
These are only a few of the many ways of being banned on 4chan:
- Replying to a thread in which CP has been posted (That includes saying "Reported") - 2 week ban
- Replying to GMask threads. (as they're often full of CP) - 2 week ban
- Having a virus (14 day ban)
- Not having a virus (14 day ban)
- Call to invasion/posting dox (1 month ban or permaban)
- Impersonating moot or a mod (permaban)
- Posting noodz and shit outside of /b/
- Posting Piccolo Dick on /v/ (Results in "Error: Upload Failed" and instant 14 day ban from all boards)
- Posting "/r9k/" on /adv/ (auto-ban)
- Posting "/new/", "stormfront", "Zionists" on /int/ (auto-ban)
- Posting "my face when" on /sp/ (auto-ban)
- Making multiple "Post ending in x" threads - 2 week ban
- Posting in "Post ending in x" threads - 3 day ban
- Prove me wrong threads. - 3 day ban
- Including a link to a banned url in your post such as .on.nimp.org. - Usually 1 day
- Typing one of the many autoban words such as anontalk butthurt or other flagged words. - Can range from a 1 day ban to a permaban
- Posting the phrase "hands free fapping" (auto-ban)
- Copy and paste this onto your post on /b/: 𝗨𝗦𝗘𝗥 𝗪𝗔𝗦 𝗚𝗥𝗔𝗡𝗧𝗘𝗗 𝗠𝗢𝗗 𝗥𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧𝗦 𝗙𝗢𝗥 𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗦 𝗣𝗢𝗦𝗧 - You will receive a 1 day ban for "Spamming." 𝐔𝐒𝐄𝐑 𝐖𝗔𝐒 𝐆𝐑𝗔𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝗔𝐃𝐌𝐈𝐍 𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐒 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐒𝐓 will not get you banned, however.
- Posting doubles attempts in any board but it's usually not enforced.
- Posting the phrase "I seriously hope you guys don't do this"
- Multiple porn site links are auto-bannable.
- Calling a game/thread "viral" on /v/.
- Post from an Israeli IP on /int/.
- Posting My Little Pony on anywhere other than /mlp/ (1 week ban)
- Posting porn anywhere other than /b/, /s/, /hc/, /hm/, /h/, /e/, /u/, /d/, /y/, /t/, /rs/, /hr/, /gif/, /r9k/, /r/, /soc/, and /pol/.
- Spoiling an anime on /a/
- Posting animal cruelty on /an/
- Participating on flamewars on /mu/
- Trolling, flooding, and ban evasion on /q/
- Asking for homework help on /sci/
- Posting "rude/offensive" comments on /ic/
- Abusing the tagging system on /f/
- Posting your email address outside of the email field on any board (2 week ban)
How 2 overcome ban on 4chan
Close all but one 4chan tab. Open Command Prompt and type "ipconfig /renew", clear all cookies and site data from 4chan, if you're still banned after the first try, try it again
If that doesn't work, try these steps:
- Go to your router's page (192.168.1.1 by default)
- In "Status" or "Setup" menu hit "Release IP" button. Save settings
- Disconnect the router from modem
- Remove batteries from the modem and disconnect AC cord (DO NOT TURN OFF THE ROUTER).Leave it for couple minutes
- On your router's web page find "MAC Address Clone" function and change your MAC address to whatever you want (only numbers 1-9 and letters A-F). Save settings
- Plug in AC cord in the modem and reconnect it to the router
- On your router's web page hit "IP Address Renew" button and new IP adress will be assigned to your router
- Clear your browser data
- Get back to trolling, camwhoring and invading other boards, Anon
Recently it seems it's not just your IP being checked. If you are still seeing the banned message after flushing your IP, change your user agent and flush your IP a second time.
Gallery of bans
4chan bans is part of a series on
Visit the Memes Portal for complete coverage.
4chan bans is part of a series on
Visit the Trolls Portal for complete coverage.
|Featured article December 19, 2008|
|4chan bans||Succeeded by|