|2003 is part of a series on Time|
It seems a lot of things happened this year, but nobody seems to remember. In the tender year of 2003, the Madonna/Britney lip-lock appealed to the fantasies of 14-year-olds and masturbating grandpas. Allegedly, It was said that Michael Jackson likes to get children drunk and play a game of "Rubba Rubba". There were plenty of other embarrassments in the year 2003 that didn't make the top 10, but did make the "middle 11". Like, Justin Timberlake sharing a post-vomit kiss with Britney. After January's American Music Awards, Britney was spotted at the posh Joseph's Café in Hollywood, retching her guts out in the toilet. According to the source, "she then left the bathroom, where Justin was waiting outside. They were holding hands and kissing." If that is not disgusting, then I don't know what is.
Other incidents, included Hilary Duff breaking ties with Disney, Sharon Osbourne Kicking Cancer, Actor Richard Chamberlain admits he's gay (Who?), American Idol star almost killing a child with Jet ski, and the like.
Need a recap of what happened last year? We've got you covered.
- m00t opens up 4chan.
- MySpace was born. Tom Anderson sells out shortly afterwards.
- The Space Shuttle Columbia Disaster.
- Collyfornia: Burn baby, Burn. (The first of many summers to burn.)
- America wins the war by catching Saddam Hussein, and so the conflict in Moonspeakistan ends.
- The 90's truly ended in 2003.
- ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US
- Star Wars Kid saved the galaxy from asshole Sith from picking on Younglings.
- Mr. Rogers finally dies.
- i told u i was hardcore - Ripper OD's on multiple drugs and systematically becomes an hero.
- Some famous whale beached itself.
- Operation Pipe Dreams.
- Internet memes became popular.