|It has been suggested that this article should be merged with Social Justice. To find out moar, spam the goddamn talk page.|
Internet Humanitarianism is a severe form of internet disease which existed throughout the world for centuries, but started to accelerate during the coming of the web 2.0. Internet Humanitarians are frequently referred to as Internet Paladins.
Symptoms of OL Humanitarianism
- Claiming to act purely to help others, despite being purely for their own benefit.
- Selfless, until they realize no one around is regretful or even paying attention to them
- Value vigilantism until they're the ones being vigilantecized
- Value freedom of speech until their privacy is broken
- Value open source until their system breaks
- Value socialism, until they are broke from paying for Niggas' health care.
- Value morality until the world finds out about their own transgressions
- Value the opinion of others, unless it's a critique, then you are hater. Asspats only!
- Believe in the power of the people, until they realize they can't dictate what happens and X is not your personal army.
- Starting an internets genocide against all trolls.
- Falling in love while using a random loli's pictures.
Known Internet Humanitarians
- Mark Zuckerberg✡ - Valuing the "free flow of information" (i.e. your dox and noodz) on the internet.
- Mission: MySpace - Killing over 7000 MySpace profiles (but not for the lulz) and getting on TV for it. Also doing the same stupid shit on YouTube and Failbook now.
- Jude's Army - This bitch started the most fucked-up shitstorm ever to hit MySpace. Having three e-boyfriends simultaneously while baiting pedophiles was only the tip of this rapidly melting iceberg that nearly resulted in one man's suicide.
- Argent009 - Stating that his concerns are only about protecting his internet friends.
- CircaRigel - YouTube vigilante, before the YTV were pwned.
- Irish282 - Another YouTube vigilante
- Violetkitty411 - Like argent009, protecting her subscribers, but never herself.
- Kathy Sierra - Fighting for blogging rights (moar liek BAWWWing rights, amirite??)
- Michael Crook - Craigslist vigilante.
- ItalianStallionette - Was allegedly making stuffed bears
- Jamie Baillie - Trying to remove anything that offends him.
- GayDiamond - Threatening to report Anonymous for raping
herit with the lulz, or as sheit calls them, L.U.L.Z.
- Jimmy Wales - Wikipedia flounder and porn impresario.
Known IRL Humanitarians
The fags that ostensibly care about other people are just desperately craving attention, negating whatever humanitarian impact they were trying to have in the first place.
Including Especially Oprah and Bono.
|Internet Humanitarianism is part of a series on Internet Humanitarianism|
[Click to Expand]
is part of a series on
|Web 2.0 Concepts|
Social networking • Social networking sites • Blogging • Blogosphere • Hashtag • Memorial Page Tourism • PHP • Hypercube • Podcasting • Wikiing • Ajax • Ruby on Rails • Internet Humanitarianism • X is not your personal army • Unfriending • Unsubscribing • User-generated content • iTunes Store • Verification
|Web 2.0 Sites|
anonmgur • Answerbag • Bebo • Blingee • Blogtv • Broadcaster • Buzzfeed• ChaCha • Del.icio.us • DeviantART • digg • Dreamhost • DuckDuckGo • eBay • Facebook • Farm Town • Foursquare • Gossip Report • Hawkee • Hulu • Instagram • justin.tv • Klout • last.fm • LiveJournal • LiveVideo • mycrib • MySpace • Newgrounds • Ning • Patriots.win • Rap Genius • Reddit • Salon • slashdot • Stickam • Tay • Tumblr • Twitter • Wikipedia • Xanga • Yahoo! Answers • YouTube
|People of Web 2.0|
Internet Humanitarianism is part of a series on
Visit the Social Justice Portal for complete coverage.