Anonymous saw it, lol'd some more, but it was still not epic. So they added some Tom Green, but that only plateaued it. Then Anonymous thought "hey, how about I make an official holiday for it?" And, like Christmas, it was a huge success. Except the holiday existed before the original. And lo, thus Anonymous realized they had divided by zero, and the universe began.
June 5th: Official Gentlemen Day
The thread never found its way to 4chanarchive, as 4chanarchive was partaking in the holiday of Gentlemen Day. However, it was still a solid round of chemo and managed to distract the participants from the horrible state of /b/ for a few hours.
Important subjects discussed in the thread included:
- The formation of an epic holiday.
- The plans of having the fifth of each month to celebrate "Holiday Gentlemen" in honor of the thread that was inevitably going to die.
- A gentlemen promise to never post the epic "Holiday Gentlemen" image on any other day except for the fifth of each month.
- The official Gentlemen Day holiday is on June 5th.
- "JUNE 5th IS GENTLEMEN DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!"
- "OP here:
- You guys promise...Holiday Gentlemen only happens once a year.
- Posting him tomorrow would just defile its greatness.
- Holiday gentlemen only happens once a year."
- "this thread was so epic that there shall never be another gentlemen thread"
- "Where were you when we needed you?">>>>(Image of Spy sleeping with "MODMEN" under image")
- "OP here:
- Gentlemen...all of you wonderful gentlemen...
- I am truly going to miss you...
- I think this is the meaning of the holiday...
- A closeness...a closeness of gentlemen."
- "Inb4 the most unwanted 404 in the history of /b/."
Guinness World Record holder for the best Gentlemen impersonation.
Tom Mullica, who - after ten years of performing his cigarette routine - estimated he swallowed a quarter of a million cigarettes. A band of Gentlemen sing a heartwarming song about dangerous driving.
Gentlemen is part of a series on
Visit the Memes Portal for complete coverage.