A forum is a shitty place on the Internets where retards like to argue, whine, bitch, troll and moan about unimportant and uninteresting topics. Almost every forum consists of a small minority of autists who hold all the street cred, power, and contribution, who think they're tough shit because they have tens of thousands of posts and many years wasted on the forum, while newfags have to suck them off or get banned or ostracized from the hugbox.
Back when the old media still reigned and the Internets were owned by AOL, basement-dwellers would hang out on a version of the web known as BBS. BBS was quick to evolve into newsgroups, which begat forums, which begat *chans, which now herald the end of humanity as we know it.
On forums you can learn important things such as repeating things is useful. If it didn't work - try saying it in latin. Most likely your post will not be answered. But that is not the point. The point of webforums is be yourself. At least 100 years ago someone from a foreign country did X similar to how it is in your country of the now. He stated some rules:
- Everything with the past is perfect, except how it lead to the present.
- Feeling lonely and ignored is the illusion of involuntary serfdom.
- Am I going to explain what I mean? Nope. Use Google.
- Then you can search for things.
- There is always a guy with a million shitposts. Imagine if a phone receptionist was like him.
- Insinuate that you are living the perfect life by never responding to criticism. As a matter of fact don't tell anything about your life. But feel free to give your knowledgeable opinion about Miley Cyrus haircut.
- If all else fails. Evoke the longcat god and write a long BAWWW-POST about how you suffer the worst faith in humanity. Except the world to be your babysitter and cry a million tears.
- Discussion n. ~ An argument
Every known forum thread in the Universe
- FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU Microsoft!
- Where do babies come from?
- I don't know where the hole is at can you help!!
- Blue Vs. Red or Xbox vs. PS3
- Why am I still alive?
- Why can't I become an wiiro
- My stuff is better than yours Faggot
- Windows Vs. Macintosh
- Am I retarded?
- Which game do you think has b3tt3r Ghapix??
- Jews Did WTC!
- Spam Topic
- Anal Pics inside hurry be4 the mods come close!
Types of Forums
- Anime forums: Forums about anime, filled to the brim with pedophiles and weeaboos. Trying to become a respectable member on these forums is completely impossible unless you joined when the forum just opened or sucked an admin's cock and became a mod, or else you will get banned within your first 100 posts for either pissing off a mod/admin/girl for simply not thinking that (insert anime here) is the best thing ever, troll by calling anime shit in general or say that all anime produced after 2000 sucks
- Pokémon forums: Forums about pokemon, there is at least 9000 of these and as a result most of them have less than 50 users, just like /b/, all of them are full of faggots talking about the same shit all day, trolling these takes skill because simply saying all pokemanz from after generation 1 are gay will get you b& with no response
- Sports forums: about sports, the vast majority are about soccer, where eurofags talk about whenever arsenal or manchester united will win the barclays permier league, although some are also about football, hockey, and pro wrestling, troll by posting results
- Martial arts forums : filled with 13-year-old-boys who watch Dragonball Z and want to learn how to fight IRL, most threads look something like "hoe do u beat up a bully in sk00l?". all of its members are L33t 5tr337 f1ght0rz who are black belts in tae-kwon-do, jiu-justu and ninjutsu, but still stick to a simplistic fighting style, all threads end up being closed by mods due to death threats, they can't even imagine an IRL fight that does not include them having an advantage, and none of them think that their enemy may have a gun, troll by saying krav maga is bullshit
- Mysticism forums: see Psion Guild
- Miscellaneous: Forums that are not about a specific thing, it allows its members to create threads about anything they want, most threads are SO RANDOM ^___^ i like waffles, they are generally a huge mess, troll by bringing up a serious topic
- Nationalist forums: forums where white people gather to discuss how white they are and plan genocides, everyone is free to express their opinions, so it may be looked at as a degraded version of krautchan
- Roleplay forums: forums that exists only so that faggots can roleplay on them, some of them are set in a universe with its own lore and therefore requires you to register your character before you can roleplay, nearly all threads are about inflation, vore, loli, unbirth or rape
Having a Forum Instead of Real Content
Some web sites exist exclusively as forums. *Chans, for instance, are forums where the only thing one can do is upload pictures of loli, shota, or THE PIC. Other places, like Something Awful or Fark, have no redeeming value other than their forums. In all cases, forums are where lulz are harvested for the good of the many in the form of trolls and internet tough guys. IMDB and its forums are notable in that the former does have valuable content, but the latter counters that content with its ability to actually force you to put a gun in your mouth and pull the trigger.
Full of Win
Occasionally forums are taken too seriously, which often results in epic threads. When this occurs mods often baleet the thread and pretend the epicness never happened, therefore you should always archive potential epic threads for great justice and copypasta to ED.
Forums do not meet their true potential until someone ends up banned or vanned. In these special cases, it is the duty of the agents of the lulz to duplicate and post everything that led to the smiting.
- See also: lulzworthy invasions
- ED Forums - Encyclopedia Dramatica's own forums. No faggots allowed. You can be gay, just not a faggot.
- 28dayslater - Urban Exploration forum.
- The Acorn Cafe - Site for Rangerphiles and their love for SWEET ANTHROPOMORPHIC TOON MOUSE BOOTY!
- Butthole Surfers Forum Where LSD users, 40 year old texans and pretty much anyone who listens to shitty Psychadelia goes to talk about foecal topics and jerk off.
- Banned all stars - The anti-thesis of all that is lulz. Avoid like the plague.
- Chans - Not even one sentence can describe them.
- Citadel - One of the relics of Web 1.0.
- Complaints Forum - Endless bitching and moaning by sniveling TARTlets.
- DTV Forum - Australian digital TV forum. Easy trolling target.
- The Escapist Forums - a place controled by Atheists and Jews, a fun place to troll random people with your extereme religious believs, Nazi ideas and Communist ideaologies.
- Ed's Room - A spinoff of Citadel that caters to Internet retrofags.
- Enturbulation - Anti-Co$ war room used by channers and goons to destroy the evil Scientology and to show us why we can't have nice things.
- EQ2Flames - EverQuest II fan forum.
- Fire's Forum - A forum for retarded 13 year old boys which nobody knows.
- Free Republic - Jew forum.
- GoreGrish Forums - Dead people, accident victims and raep times. Run by jews and populated with niggers and aspies. You'll fit right in then.
- GTAForums - where Jew cry about the people who say that the world will be better withoud Niggers and Jews.
- GameFAQs/Gamespot - Message board hell.
- Hellfire Commentaries forums This is a forum for fans of a fat, bitchy let's player, on this forum you can be banned for not capitalizing the let's player's username (seriously), it's an amazing place for trolling.
- House of Jigsaw - Saw fanboy forum.
- Imperial Library's Storyboard - YaBB forum on monkeytruth from The Elder Scrolls of games.
- Jedi Fleet - Group of Star Wars geeks obsessed with a WWII MMOG. Pretend you are a major n00b who wants to join the Fleet. Also quote Snakes on a Plane.
- Jewgrounds BBS - Where skript kiddies meet to bitch about their shitty lives.
- Mygnrforum - Shitty Guns N' Roses forum.
- MyAnimeList - Weebs arguing about what DEEP animu is the best, how moe is ruining anime, and how the people who like it should not be valued as humans. It's connected to a site where the aforementioned waps brag about how big their e-peens have gotten after watching Legend Of The Galactic Heroes and Wan Piss
- Neodrama - neopets forum.
- Onision Forums
- Otaku Studios - Pedophiles, Runescape fags, and other desirables call this place home.
- Ph33rforums - Gaming/machinima site that's full on nerd rage.
- Semiotic - Muslim Jihad discussion forum.
- Something Awful - Elitist forum for old nerds willing to spend ten bucks on their shitty account. And that's just for the standard account.
- Television Without Pity - Unfunny site about TV.
- IGTAF - a very nice place for 30 years old people to talk about how to rape and murder people. No Israelis allowed (Mossad knows about this forum!).
- Thaut - Writefags gonna write.
- Thunderdome - Chanology utility to debrief moralfag protesters into HACKERS ON STEROIDS.
- The Flood - Apparantly, "they were here".
- The Transit Coalition - Aspies talking about trains.
- Totse - This is where you go to get your knowledge on Computer Science III.
- Quake 3 World - Quake forums, used to be cool. Now overrun by Jews.
- Gears of War Forums - Kewl Kidz troll and spam the forums 24/7, sit and watch I gaurantee you the time of your life!!!
- Virtual Teen Full of 13-year-old boys convincing each other that they're Not Gay
- WrestlingFaze Best wrestling forum, full of Jews and lulz.
- U413 The most 1337 message board ever.
- Cholq'ij Revolution Forum owned by a guy who thinks he's a shaman. Srsly! You can post anonymously.
-  Forum where everyone gets banned every second for stupid shit, and is run like a jewish prison camp. Mostly for retards who love to make gmod sex poses. Or tell how Garry is a faggot, or how puns are so overused in the most popular thing on the news section, as they dreadfully try to be unfunny.
- Real Brown Pride Owner thinks he's the real raza. His forum allows you to autoplay youtube videos. That means you can Rickroll.
Yahoo! Answers will give you more that you've bargained for.
|Forum is part of a series on Language & Communication|