|This article needs moar article and examples.|
You can help by .
Censorship is the irritating act of denying a person lulz under the pretense of protecting them. This reasoning is bullshit, however, since the one doing the censoring is more often than not censoring in order to protect their own ass. This ensures that everyone stays stupid so that they can more easily be manipulated. Anything that a person with power disagrees with will be censored. The most obvious example of censorship is blocking users and deleting comments on sites like deviantART and Twitter. However, blocking and deleting can make users curious to find out exactly what is being hidden.
Screaming "Censorship!" is a classic Drama-generating technique and a perfect way to ██████ a moderator or an admin everytime you don't agree with any arbitrary decision taken by him. It doesn't matter how small that █████████ is, because if you're lucky, a bunch of retards like you will suddenly become ███████ and start screaming "Censorship" as well. After effectively igniting the █████████, the admin will have to either lose a lot of time explaining people the reasons for his decision or start banning everyone. Either way, the troll wins.
- Prima: Announcement: I just banned Secunda because she █████████ my █████████ with █████████
- Tertia: "OMG this is CENSORSHIP u r not letting teh TRUTH about 911 come out!!!! HITLER!!!!!!"
The problem is, 99% of Censors (or Forum Regulators or whatnot) look for ███████ and ████████ Think about it, they get paid to look for extreme XXX stuff that is illegal in most countries.
Don't kid yourselves, the government workers who get to decide what rating a game is going to get aren't normal people. They spend their life █████████ Disney movies to make sure there's no titties for the kids to see. All in all, Censors are fucked up in the ███████. They might say you're a sicko for █████████ child porn, but before they ████████ it all, they save a copy to their PC. It's the truth.
— Mark Twain
Examples of █████████████
Cum is like fish; any longer than 3 days, and it really starts to stink.
True story, man. I found the secret to a great ██████████████████ is to ██████ a ███████ with large ███████ -- inside the bacon -- █████████, ████████ stick the "shuttlecock" in a well lubed waffle-iron. After that ████████████████████████████████████ the Window Aliens ██████ summer concert series kegger █████████ █ shoehorn ███████ Llama.
Oh, and then Steven Seagal shows up with his █████ in a █████████████████ and we all ███████! Good times, man. Good times.
Sites, People, Things, and Games known for Censorship
- Almost every fucking news channel (from ABC to Z) and even the Weather Channel.
- Australian interbutts.
- The Bush administration
- China, The People's Republic of
- Club Penguin
- Colleges and Universities in The United States
Encyclopedia Dramatica (as of 2011)(LOL Not anymore!!)
- EverQuest (due to Mystere)
- Habbo Hotel
- The IPCC
- Internet Watch Foundation
- United Kingdom
- Jack Thompson
- Newspapers and other forms of old media
- The No Cussing Club
- ROBLOX, which is notorious for having an automated filter that's "context sensitive" that really just censors innocent things randomly while still being bypassable. Unlike Runescape which is listed below, the filter cannot be disabled.
Runescape (where the Nazi chat filter blocks out so much sometimes normal sentences come out mostly censored)They made the chat filter optional.
- The United States
- TV Tropes
- The V-chip
- Video nasties
- Megan Meier - an article of ours actually censored by Google
- Muhammad cartoons
- SFW porn
- Wikipedia Jews
- NawlinWiki - King of Censorship on Wikipedia.
- Revolution Muslim- Censors of South Park.
is part of a series on
Taking Down ED
[Do It Faggot]
|Censorship is part of a series on Language & Communication|
|Featured article July 28, 2008|
The Video Professor 16
|Featured article January 18 through January 19, 2022|
Martin Luther King, Jr.
Denial of Service